Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica


A few weeks ago, I went to Manuel Antonio, a lovely beach town on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. I went with a few friends from my TEFL course. We had a 3day weekend, so we took advantage and caught the bus to the beach after class on the Friday, returning on the Sunday. The bus trip takes about 3 hours or 2 if, like me, you neglect to buy a return ticket and have to get some strange car taxi service on its way north from Panama! This is not as dodgy as it sounds, by the way!


The beach was absolutely beautiful, as was Manuel Antonio National Park, which we attempted to hike through, but unfortunately were not appropriately dressed to do so! There are more pictures on my facebook profile to prove this!

We stayed at Backpackers Hostel, a simple place with stunning surroundings for $12 a night. A far cry from my Santa Ana mansion I must admit, but I had a great time! It was like summer camp. We actually stayed up all night whispering and giggling whilst trying not to wake up the other fifteen people in the dorm! And check out the view from the pool area! Costa Rica is beautiful, even though we may not always see this side of it when we're in San Jose! I definitely recommend this place for a cheap place to stay - you won't spend much time there anyway and it's really social if you do! The only drawbacks were a lack of clean sheets and hot water in the hostel and it is a little far from the beach, but it's a very cheap taxi or bus ride down the hill, so not a huge issue.


We managed quite a few cocktails throughout the weekend too - who can resist a mango daiquiri being brought to you whilst sitting in the sun on a tropical beach?!


And Kate and Kara got naughty with a Tico Tiki after a couple of tequilas! Nice ladies!

All in all, a fabulous trip, but I'd love to go back and take the poker boys to show them the real Costa Rica!
Stef xx

No comments:

Post a Comment