Saturday, March 5, 2011
Here are a few things that we got up to over weekend:
- hung out in a peanut gay bar (I am NOT joking)
- saw pelicans, monkeys and raccoons running around
- jumped massive waves and got thrown around
- had a Rummy championship and I'm not saying who won
- ate some amazing guacamole and homemade chips
- indulged in some amazing tuna steaks
- rode on far too many buses for either of our likings
- played a little blackjack, lost a little money...
- attended a few happy hours
We stayed at the Byblos Resort and Casino. For a special deal, contact us because we have code to get you some freebies! :)
Sunday, January 30, 2011
The Park has a little something for everyone, from rides for the little ones to huge rollercoasters for the big ones too! We didn't get to see too much because we arrived a little late, but we'll definitely be going back! Hopefully with the boys which should be great fun!
Monday, November 15, 2010
In November, to celebrate our 3rd anniversary, we went to Peace Lodge, about an hour's drive from our new house in Cariari (blog to come with more photos, if you haven't already seen them on Facebook!). The hotel was amazing! High up in the rainforest, right next to the Poas volcano (we didn't manage a trip there but maybe next time!) and surrounded by waterfalls, Peace Lodge is one of Costa Rica's five small, distinctive hotels and is set in La Paz Waterfall Gardens, which also has a small zoo (if you can call it that!), so we got to see a lot of Costa Rican wildlife, including monkeys, toucans and parrots as well.
Note: I'm a bit of a silly fool! Managed to write this weeks ago and not post it! :)
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
PS. I know that Mark hasn't been blogging much and I'm going to get him on
here as soon as possible! It's just that at the moment, we have no internet in
our house and he works very long hours, so he doesn't always want to sit down
and start writing when he walks in!